Senior Surveyor - Technical
4 days left
- Full Time
The government-owned property company creating much-needed school places for thousands of children.
LocatED is responsible for buying and developing sites in England to help meet the Government’s commitment to build new free schools, and help create 600,000 new school places by 2021.
This role is home-based , with a focus on the North of England , however there is still a requirement to come into LocatED's office based in Regent Street, London.
Main Purpose of Role
The Senior Surveyor - Technical will lead the provision of the technical and cost advice required to support LocatED’s identification, appraisal and acquisition of temporary and permanent sites for free schools, UTCs and studio schools.
- Provide technical and cost advice to support the identification, appraisal and acquisition of temporary and permanent sites for free school schemes.
- Undertake site and condition assessments for potential acquisition targets and identify potential scheme options.
- Manage the input of external Technical Advisors.
- Provide the technical input required to allow LocatED to operate its Investment Rules.
- Prepare handover reports for the Education Skills Funding Agency (ESFA), including bottom-up budgets for free school projects, having particular regard to abnormal costs.
- Ensure that key performance and service level agreement targets are met or exceeded for schemes that the post-holder is responsible for.
- Support the development of technical strategy, incorporating lessons learnt from projects and wider experience of the property market, planning and development.
- A degree or equivalent in Quantity Surveying, Building Surveying or Architecture.
- Full membership of a relevant body (e.g. the Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors, the Institute of Mechanical Engineers, the Chartered Institute of British Architects). Or working towards.
- Knowledge of all key considerations required to undertake robust site appraisal.
- Understanding of key technical risks.
- Knowledge of the current state of the construction market, contract procurement, and construction cost modelling at national, regional and local levels.
- 25 days annual leave
- Company will match up to 6% pension
- Opportunity to earn up to 20% bonus
- Flexible working
- Ability to access training and other continuing professional development opportunities
Please could you complete a covering letter and supporting statement to accompany your application.
To find out more about us - visit www.LocatED.co.uk
Apply for Senior Surveyor - Technical
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly