Reporting to the Managing Director and interfacing directly with the Family Office Principal, the Investment Manager's primary responsibility will be to execute opportunistic real estate investment deals. He or she will be a seasoned real estate operator, with a minimum of four or five years of experience, potentially more, possessing a well-developed London/UK network and capable of sourcing, assessing and underwriting deals and managing the transaction to close.
Key Role Responsibilities:
- Identify and conduct initial assessments on investment opportunities - acquisitions and disposals (potentially including assets, corporate transactions, forward funding/commitment and development);
- Work on the assessment, underwriting and execution of new investment opportunities and value add initiatives;
- Prepare investment documents to support decisions by the Principal;
- Manage and execute transactions (due diligence, financial analysis etc) along with managing third party advisors including solicitors, surveyors and other professional services;
- Devise Business Plans for assets that are to be acquired and oversee the implementation of these business plans;
- Manage planning applications and play a supporting role in commercial negotiations;
- Propose new business plans for individual assets;
- Create day to day strategies for improving the performance of the portfolio against budget and underwriting;
- Monitor performance of specific initiatives and deliver key performance metrics to the business;
- Monitor performance and returns against capital budget expenditure;
- Support the execution of investment strategies including income, cost reduction / efficiencies and value-add initiatives;
- Support the annual rent and budget-setting process;
- Monitor and report on key business, market and industry data;
- Support internal and external communication through the production of reports and commentaries;
- Interact with market participants including agents, investment principals and advisors.
Knowledge & Qualifications:
- Minimum of 4 years' real estate investment experience
- Educated to degree level or equivalent ideally in a relevant subject such as finance, mathematics, science, economics, real estate or related field with strong analytical and quantitative skills.
Experience & Skills:
- Proven real estate transactional experience with experience in a lead role on single asset transactions or a deputy role on large portfolio transactions
- Demonstrable experience in real estate private equity, private equity, investment banking or other finance roles
- Existing network and relationships in the UK commercial real estate sector
- Must be able to demonstrate a good understanding of "business modelling" including appreciation of key accounting concepts
- Excellent quantitative and qualitative analytical skills with proven experience in an analytical role preferably within real estate sector
- Strong attention to detail
- Strong written, communication and numeric skills
- Confident presentation and report writing skills
- Ability to research, analyse and present complex financial data
- Adaptable and willing to take on different tasks to get the job done
- Good organisation skills with the ability to work under pressure and to timeframes
- Advanced Excel skills to include cash flow models
- IT literate and fully conversant with all Microsoft packages including PowerPoint
- RICS qualification and/or Chartered Accountancy qualification would be advantageous.
- Experience of working with US companies would be advantageous.