- Work on all elements of the new and current schemes including appraisals, planning, feasibility, delivery and handover.
- Manage complex strategic developments from conception through to completion.
- Supporting projects from the design, planning and construction phases from inception to completion.
- Add value by coordinating design team meetings to secure outline and detailed planning consents.
- Manage external consultants to ensure they are delivering on programme and budget.
- Support the internal design team on the house building delivery.
- Liaise, influence and negotiate with house builders and affordable housing delivery partners to ensure house building, sales and affordable housing delivery are on track.
- Ensure commercial land is marketed fully and that commercial deals are smooth and professional.
- Meet with and be the face of the company with potential commercial tenants covering retail, industrial, leisure and office sectors.
- Prepare development appraisals ensuring profitable residential and commercial schemes.
- Monitor progress and manage governance of projects by undertaking budgeting, financial forecasting and cash flow forecasting in coordination with the project finance team.
- Supporting the production and management of strategic site business plans.
- Research into the house builder market predominantly at a regional level.
- Ensure that section 106 obligations are met on time and within budget.
- Build strong relationships with the district and county councils and local community.
- Present a positive attitude when dealing with members of the public and other stakeholders.
- A proven track record of delivery with mixed use developments is essential
- Significant post university relevant experience from an agency, house builder or developer environment
- Educated to degree level or above
- MRICS qualified or demonstrable experience
- Planning and development experience
- Strong financial and business awareness
Apply for Development Surveyor
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly