The University of Reading is a global university that enjoys a world-class reputation for teaching, research and enterprise.
Reporting to the Projects Director, the Project Lead will have the capability of delivering a full range of capital, maintenance and departmental funded projects to specification, cost, quality and time. Projects will include new build, refurbishment and maintenance schemes to a diverse range of property and types of space typically ranging from less than £500k up to £5m.
You will have:
- Experience of directly procuring and managing a portfolio of construction projects from inception to completion as lead client side Project Manager. Previous responsibility and accountability for delivering projects to Employers Requirements that may include BIM and soft landings.
- Ability to lead with an enthusiastic and engaging professional approach to proactively work with multiple stakeholders.
- Experience of working on demanding and technically complex projects and property types, preferably in the Education or Health sectors including strong procurement and contract administration skills.
- Ability to analyse, monitor and report on project health and to recognise issues and risks and offer options to remedy.
- Membership of a relevant professional body, a relevant degree and a recognised project management qualification.
As well as the opportunity to work in a client side role on a range of challenging and interesting projects, the University offers a competitive benefits package. Further information on working at the University can be viewed at https://www.reading.ac.uk/internal/humanresources/WorkingatReading/humres-workingatreading.aspx
For a confidential discussion and/or a Candidate Briefing Pack, please contact our retained advisors Ben Duffill (firstname.lastname@example.org) or Nick Coppard (email@example.com) at The Management Recruitment Group on 0207 959 2368. In order to apply please supply a comprehensive CV with a covering letter setting out your interest in the role. Applications should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date: 23 February 2018.
Interview date: 16 March 2018.
The University is committed to having a diverse and inclusive workforce and we welcome applicants for job – share, part – time, and flexible working arrangements which will be considered in line with business needs.