Graduate Quantity Surveyor
Graduate quantity surveyor, Nottingham, construction consultancy, civils, infrastructure, £20000 - £25000
Your new company
You will work for a SME based in South Nottingham, they consist of both Quantity Surveyors, and Project Managers, and work closely with residential, commercial, infrastructure and civils projects.
Your new role
You will work as a Graduate Quantity Surveyor, assisting the Senior Quantity Surveyors on a number of projects across the Midlands. Other duties will include:
- Support the project team in all commercial matters
- Liaise with the site teams and take the lead with contract administration, including record keeping.
- Ensure timely submission of valuations
- Ensure cash flow is maximised including ensuring payments are received on time
- Ensure the accurate and timely evaluation and agreement of final quantities, revised and additional items, rates and compensation events
- Identify additional entitlement under the contract including the monitoring of daily records
- Delegate commercial activities to other members of the team as appropriate
- Ensure that good records are kept in order that the full entitlement under the contract is achieved
- Identify and realise opportunities to maximise cost/value management.
What you'll need to succeed
You will have a construction related degree or equivalent, and be keen to develop your career down the quantity surveying path. You will be passionate about quantity surveying, and ideally have some experience within a construction related role.
What you'll get in return
You will receive a competitive basic salary as well as APC support to become chartered. You will work for a relaxed business, offering a fun atmosphere and the opportunity to work on great projects across the Midlands.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.