The purpose of the role is to deliver the whole spectrum of building consultancy services to a varied range of commercial clients across the Midlands and the wider UK.
The role will be to assist in the promotion and development of the Birmingham Building Consultancy Team, whilst supporting the activities of the Birmingham Team, and wider Firm, in achieving targeted fee income.
The job will require someone who is a qualified Member of the RICS (MRICS), ideally with a Degree in Building Surveying.
- The candidate should be able to demonstrate at least 2 years’ experience in undertaking Land Rights related work within the Utility Sectors.
- A good working knowledge of IT is essential, in particular a familiarity with and understanding of the Microsoft Office packages and preferably good keyboard skills.
- Self-starter with good interpersonal skills and an ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing, with colleagues and clients
- The ability to work in an organised and methodical fashion, with a high level of attention to detail
- The ability to manage time effectively, prioritising tasks to ensure that deadlines are met
- A willingness to be part of a team and to interact with other professional staff
- The ability to learn new skills and working methods and be adaptable to change
- The ability to accept responsibility and, within parameters defined by the immediate performance manager, work on their own initiative
- A willingness to undertake business development
- A proactive approach to work
- Clean and full driving licence
- Preparing specifications, tendering and providing contract administration services.
- Preparing technical drawings on Auto CAD for project instructions.
- Requisite statutory approval applications.
- Project monitoring services on behalf of lenders for various construction projects.
- Preparing feasibility studies and sketch scheme designs for a wide variety of building types.
- Preparing Planned Preventative Maintenance Schedules.
- Preparing and negotiating schedules of dilapidations.
- Preparing schedules of condition.
- Preparing Party Wall etc. Act 1996 notices and agreeing Awards.
- Professional work as designated according to experience.
- Providing support for more junior members of the team.
- Development of the existing Client base and new Client instructions.
- Positive promotion of the BK brand and Building Consultancy offering via network and business development activities.
- Compliance with Company standards and procedures.