Commercial Property Manager
COMMERCIAL PROPERTY MANAGER
1. The Company:
Glen House Estates Limited is a well-established family owned property company. It owns a property portfolio of (mainly) multi-let industrial estates plus some multi-let offices and residential properties. All these properties are managed directly by the small team in Grayshott. We currently have 352 industrial tenants, 22 office tenants and 32 other shops/residential tenants.
We believe this role represents a great opportunity for someone to get involved in an interesting, varied and rewarding property and management role.
2. The Role:
You will report to, and work closely with, our property director dealing mainly with the practical aspects of property and facilities management arising in the portfolio. This will include:
- Regular site visits to inspect and make recommendations. Most site visits are within a day trip of our Grayshott office.
- Identifying, instructing and overseeing any maintenance issues.
- Writing specifications of works for repairs or refurbishments and obtaining and negotiating quotes for the same.
- Liaising with and advising tenants on repairing responsibilities.
- Implementing and managing all property statutory compliance (e.g. CDM, Fire Safety etc).
- Instructing and co-ordinating any third party consultants on building matters.
- Dealing with Section 20 Notices in relation to residential tenants.
- Dealing with day to day property related queries from tenants.
- Managing some lease renewals and rent reviews
3. The Requirements:
This is a wide and varied role which involves working within a small team so you will need to adopt an enthusiastic, flexible and proactive approach. This includes the following:
- A good track record in commercial property management.
- Good communication skills both internally and externally with tenants, contractors and other third parties.
- The ability to deliver and manage your work output on your own (with appropriate IT and technical skills).
- You must have your own car and a full clean driving licence (mileage will be reimbursed).
- A working knowledge of Landlord & Tenant law and the ability to interpret repairing and other relevant liabilities.
4. The Package:
This is a full time position but a shorter week would be considered for the right candidate. The package for a full time position is:
- £40-45,000 per annum
- 25 days holiday per year plus Bank Holidays
- Pension Contributions.
Please submit your CV and a short covering email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Apply for Commercial Property Manager
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly