Health, Safety & Wellbeing Adviser
Job Title: Health & Saftey Advisor Job Type : Temp / Contract Job Location Edinburgh Job Duration 3 months +
Job Title : health & Safety Advisor
Job Type: Temporary 3 months +
Job Location: Edinburgh
You will be working for a large Housing Association near Edinburgh
Main purpose of job:
To support and facilitate the management of health & safety, fire safety and employee wellbeing throughout the organisation by providing specialist support, advice, guidance on best practice and training, and to monitor processes which enable the Association to positively fulfil its commitment to health, safety and employee wellbeing
- Provide advice to management, staff and the Association's Board on all aspects of health & safety policy, practice and procedure associated with the business and activities of the Association.
- Revise, update and develop the Association's Health & Safety Policy and Health & Safety Manual to ensure compliance with statutory requirements and help promote best practice in health & safety management.
- Liaise closely and work positively and collaboratively with all departments and line managers to ensure all matters relating to health & safety planning, risk assessment and fire risk assessment and training are progressed effectively.
- Assist other departments in any issue of health & safety involving or potentially involving the work of contractors.
- Develop a framework and programme for health & safety risk assessments to be carried out regularly in all developments and offices.
- able to demonstrate a clear understanding of the management of health, safety, employee well-being and fire safety requirements
- Experienced health & safety professional with strong knowledge and understanding of current health & safety legislation, management systems and best practice.
- A formal health & safety qualification or accreditation recognised for membership of the IOSH at Technician level (or equivalent).
- Membership of IOSH and evidence of CPD.
What you need to do now:
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV to Martyn Aitken, or call us now on 0131 6038370
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
Apply for Health, Safety & Wellbeing Adviser
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly