ESSENTIAL SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
MRICS 2 - 5 years post-qualified.
- Landlord and Tenant knowledge and experience.
- Service charge knowledge and experience.
- Experience of managing and maintaining a property management database.
- Experience dealing with Tenant applications for fit-outs/alterations and alienation.
- Experience of reviewing and negotiating Heads of Terms, leases and licences.
- Experience of instructing solicitors and external consultants.
- Able to manage a number of tasks concurrently.
- Ability to work under pressure and to agreed deadlines.
- Ability to prioritise whilst maintaining good working relationships.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
KEY TASKS AND ACCOUNTABILITIES
- Answer general queries raised by various Business Units (BUs) and external consultants.
- Ability to review legal documentation, to advise and communicate clear instructions to the BUs.
- Ensure the property management database is kept up to date.
- Ensure the Asset Management "work in progress" schedule is updated regularly.
- Liaise with the Occupational Estate Facilities Management Team.
- Review service charge budgets and reconciliations.
- Undertake property and site inspections.
- Instructing works, surveys and compliance with SHE requirements.
- Assisting and supporting the Senior Asset Manager and the other members of the Asset Management Team with all property related matters including lettings, service charges, rent reviews, lease renewals, management issues, disputes and ad hoc queries.
- Responsibility for own compliance with all RICS CPD requirements.
- Liaising with the Group Compliance Officer on corporate governance issues to ensure that the relevant BU complies with relevant legislation and regulations affecting the business.
- Maintaining appropriate files and records and responsibility for the maintenance of any appropriate electronic document repository.
- Checking and approving legal documents / contracts prior to signature by Directors / Company Secretary.
New lease / licence / tenancy at will
- Drafting, negotiating and settling Heads of Terms.
- Liaising with in-house solicitors and external panel of solicitors to document the lease/licence/asset management documents.
- Updating the accounts department regarding new lease / licence.
- Informing Kier's utility management company.
- Informing the insurance department.
Disposal (Expiries / Sale)
- Managing the expiry process and dilapidations issues with the BU.
- Updating the accounts department.
- Updating the Valuation Office Agency.
- Final meter readings to be taken and forwarded to Kier's utility management company.
- Liaising with the in-house insurance team on each relevant transaction to ensure that all transactions are compliant with Kier Group's requirements.
- Participate in the sourcing of property - undertake searches to ascertain availability against budget, location, space and service criteria and work with the BU to develop and select shortlists.
- Negotiate and settle Heads of Terms and agree contractual terms with legal.
- Mobilisation and full project management of each project in line with Kier quality management and governance requirements. This would typically include all utilities / facilities, logistics, ICT and FM contracts.
- Provide accurate, up to date and technically correct advice to the Kier Group BUs, in a timely manner. Any and all advice must be commercially sound and practical.
- Proactively manage all property asset management matters in accordance with the above principles and assist the Senior Asset Manager with any support required.
- Effectively manage and coordinate property matters handled by BUs and external consultants as necessary, always ensuring that advice is best value for money, appropriate, relevant and practical.
- Assist the Senior Asset Manager wherever possible to ensure that the Asset Management Team is meeting key objectives which have been set.
- Proactively and regularly seek ways of improving client service to include regular face-to-face contact and communication with any allocated BU.
- Track the BU's experiences with the Asset Management Team (and note where the experience breaks down) through regular, proactively sought feedback (i.e. putting the Asset Management Team) through a 'customer experience'.
Kier Property is one of the UK's leading Property Companies, with a substantial portfolio spanning a wide variety of asset classes across the whole of the United Kingdom. Part of the FTSE 250 listed Kier Group Plc; Kier Property undertakes investment, development and asset management, utilising the group's strong balance sheet as a key source of equity, and leveraging this to provide a generous investment capability.
Property is one of four key Divisions within the group, alongside Kier Living, Kier Construction and Kier Services. Turnover is £4.2 billion per annum, with the high margin property division being central to Group strategy by delivering c15% of the Groups profit.
The Asset Management Team sits within the Kier Property Division and is required to provide accurate, commercial and practical property advice to Kier's businesses and support services. The Asset Management Team prides itself on being able to meet these needs and has a commitment to continuously improve, wherever possible, the service it provides.
Apply for Asset/Property Manager
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly