An exceptional opportunity has arisen for a Planning Officer at one of London's most vibrant borough councils.
Located in one of capital's most prestigious areas with a reputation for cutting edge innovative development, you will manage a diverse caseload located prime residential locations, picturesque conservation areas in conjunction with busy commercial districts.
Core responsibilities will include processing a minor to medium applications including residential extensions, small scale change of use, mixed use, infill housing, new build, commercial advertisements and listed building consents.
- Managing a caseload of minor to medium planning applications within statutory time frames
- Validation of planning applications
- Provision of paid pre-application advice to developers, architects and external consultants
- Conduct duty planning
- Coordinate and attend site visits
- Prepare detailed committee reports
- Negotiate finalize and discharge conditions
- Coordinate appeals
- Advise planning enforcement teams about retrospective planning approval and variation to conditions
Successful candidates will have a degree in Town & Country planning or an affiliated subject with practical experience as a Development Control Officer in the UK or overseas.
You will have an aptitude for processing a mixed caseload of minor to medium applications with good communication and report writing skills.
For further details please contact Jeremy Wright at Macdonald & Company on either 0207 318 5263 or
Apply for Planning Officer
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly