Senior Property Analyst Manager
NHS PROPERTY SERVICES LTD
Senior Property Analyst Manager
Travel requirements: Occasional travel to zonal offices
Responsible to: Head of Evaluation and Analytics
Directorate: Asset Management
Job reference: PS184.108.40.206
Main purpose / scope of the role
This role presents a significant opportunity to drive cultural change through leadership to develop and implement robust business decision making models and methodologies. This will be achieved by influencing key stakeholders and leading a highly competent E&A team to deliver robust commercial, financial analytical rigour, quality assurance for new and existing business cases and opportunities. The post holder will manage a pool of Property Analysts and Property Analyst Managers.
- To run the corporate governance programme in relation to commitments being made by the business and ensure that internal NHS PS governance is adhered to (IAP process).
- To support the Head of Evaluation and Analytics to make positive process changes which will help the running of the governance programme.
- To create standardised templates for both input and output to run the IAP. Needs to be constantly refined and updated in line with a changing business environment.
- To support the Head of Evaluation and Analytics in preparing key financial models to aid real estate decision making for the organisation. Financial models will include discounted cashflows and P&Ls, comparison of options and key KPIs where appropriate.
- Be a partner to the Strategic Estates Planners in developing real estate strategies that drive efficiencies through the estate portfolio. They will be required to help challenge the strategic direction and drive the direction of it.
- Understand the Treasury Green Book.
- Question and challenge the inputs provided by all individuals at all levels within the organisation. Ensure the integrity of the data sources that feed into the financial model. Ensuring the outputs are accurate and the rationales and explanations are robust.
- Be able to logically problem solve and ensure that all aspects of the strategy or the real estate problem have been addressed.
- Be required to manipulate complicated spreadsheets and will therefore require Excel skills. VBA would be desirable.
- Manage and review the work of the Property Analyst Manager and Property Analysts and coach and develop a highly competent and motivated team.
- Create a training programme for new analyst and managers.
- Discuss the implications of the option analysis with customers/CCGs and other interested parties to formulate strategy and drive decisions forward.
- Develop and maintain an integrated financial model
- Perform sensitivity analysis on the financial model.
- Perform financial analysis of the inputs and outputs of the financial model, as directed
- Be able to prepare discounted cashflows and profit and loss analysis for the Department of Health, NHS PS, commissioners/tenants and any other interested parties.
- Use NHS and accounting knowledge to sense check the inputs and outputs of the financial model
- Provide support on ad-hoc projects
- Have good communication skills and be able to communicate potentially confusing financial information effectively, both verbally and in writing, to people at all levels within the organisation as well as to customers as required
- Be expected to take an active interest in the development of their skills, experience and career
Essential skills and experience:
- Qualified Accountant, degree or equivalent or relevant experience of real estate modelling
- Additional management qualification or equivalent experience
- Capital planning, investment appraisal, property issues, knowledge of outsourced and insourced models or working
- Significant experience as a business analyst with some experience at senior level in a commercial national or international organisation
- Previous experience in a commercial environment with evidence of delivery at a strategic level
- Be able to demonstrate leadership of cultural change and delivery of successful projects Understanding of financial systems in the public sector
- To be able to lead and manage a team
- Exceptional communication skills with ability to negotiate persuade and motivate where there are barriers to acceptance and change
- Excellent computer skills in particular Excel
- Financial Accounting
- Exceptional analytical skills
- Proven ability to operate independently at a senior level
- Strategic Awareness
- Evidence of strong working relationships, leadership of an effective team, commercially aware, use and analysis of market data and competitor analysis.
- Able to work at a detailed level, identify inconsistencies and make necessary changes or recommend changes where these have a significant impact on outcomes
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to articulate complex financial problems simply
- Ability to analyse areas of work to identify areas which would benefit from continuous and systematic improvement
- Good communicator (both verbal and written)
- Be an excellent communicator, be able to engage and influence stakeholders at all levels
NHS Property Services Ltd is one of the largest property owners in the UK, with a £3 billion asset portfolio, some 4,000 properties, 3,000 employees and an annual income of over £700 million. Our aim is to deliver outstanding quality across our estate in partnership with NHS organisations, generating cost efficiencies that will benefit our tenants, patients and the wider health economy.