Portfolio Contracts Manager
4 days left
- Full Time
Portfolio Contracts Manager
Travel requirements: Limited to travel to zones and supplier office
Reports to: Principal Policy & Portfolio Manager
Direct Reports: 2 CAD technicians
Directorate: Asset Management
About the role
The primary purpose of the National Contracts Manager is to lead the procurement and management of national contracts for all property management activity. This requires the National Contracts Manager to be the point contact of the all property management supplier relationships, devising supplier strategies, evaluating their performance on a periodic basis, establishing and reviewing relevant KPIs and SLAs, identifying new property management activities to be considered for out-tasking, managing supplier’s to contribute to savings and efficiency targets, leading for asset management the review of PFI arrangements, liaising with the Procurement team in relation to the sourcing of out-tasked supplier arrangements, supporting the development of required policies and processes, and managing the in-house CAD team.
The role will reside in London but regular engagement is required with the 8 zone property management teams (South East, South West, London, Midlands, East, North East, North Central and North West) to ensure the contracts agreed with national supplier contracts are understood by the Property Management team.
The role will be responsible for:
- Managing all national contracts procured to support property management activities that are delivered by zone property management teams.
- Supplier relationships will include, but not limited to:
- Business rates reassessments
- Dilapidation settlements
- CAD amendments
- Building insurance
- Review the potential for other out-task supplier arrangements for activities that would support the efficient delivery of a property management including, but not limited to, lease renewals, rent reviews, utilities contracts and schedules of condition
- Procuring, with the Procurement team, national contracts for the provision of property management services utilising public frameworks as necessary and ensuring the selection of suppliers is OJEU compliant
- Working with the Leasing team to support the out-tasked leasing contracts as necessary to ensure overall performance management and delivery of activity
- Devising overall supplier strategies to ensure the suppliers are clear on delivery targets and the associated KPIs
- Acting as the main interface for property management with the Procurement team. This may include representing Asset Management at the Audit & Governance Committee if required
- Acting as the Asset Management lead in the wider NHSPS discussions on CAD standards and use
- Leading the review within Asset Management of the costs associated with PFI schemes (currently 35) to assess the alignment between contracts, data and accounts payable activity. This will include working with the Finance, FM and Procurement teams to assess these costs are valid and due. Additionally, this activity will include reviewing the correct recharge cost model to occupiers
- Supporting the development of an operating manual for the property management function to provide clarity on the processes to be followed for key activities. Developing, collating and modifying process maps that support the operating manual
- Acting as an ambassador of a data-driven function and helping drive a culture that promotes the highest quality of data.
- Managing the budgets for the national contract work, reviewing these budgets at least monthly and highlighting forecasting over or under spend to the Principal Policy & Portfolio Manager
- Chartered Surveyor, Chartered Engineer or similar accreditation
- Experience and knowledge in Procurement, Supplier management, Real estate and Programme management. Public Sector experience desirable.
- Data proficiency, advanced Excel skills and data reporting skills
- Presentation skills to an advance level (oral and written)
- Process mapping, Reporting software usage (Tableau, Power BI) desirable
- Interest in contract management with a desire the work in a change environment
- High attention to detail and accuracy
- Willingness to actively engage with colleagues and a Team player
- Ability to work to deadlines
Why you should join us
Go further in your career and join our talented community. We are different from other property and facilities management companies; we support our NHS customers to deliver healthcare premises that meet future needs for patient services and all the profit goes back to the NHS to create efficient, sustainable and modern healthcare and working environments.
We will encourage and support you, both so you can carry out your role to the best of your ability, and to have your say; recognise and reward you for your contribution and encourage you to enjoy a good work/life balance.
NHS Property Services Ltd is one of the largest property owners in the UK, with a £3 billion asset portfolio, some 4,000 properties, 3,000 employees and an annual income of over £700 million. Our aim is to deliver outstanding quality across our estate in partnership with NHS organisations, generating cost efficiencies that will benefit our tenants, patients and the wider health economy.
Apply for Portfolio Contracts Manager
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly