Strategic Estates Advisor (Office Programme)
1 day left
- Full Time
Strategic Estates Advisor (Office Programme)
The Strategic Estates Advisor will work on the National Office Consolidation programme, where the role will involve identifying projects and using knowledge of the commercial property market and industry benchmarks to enable a more efficient use of the office estate, driving cost savings and a reduction in footprint. This would suit a property professional with strong corporate real estate or agency experience who is delivery focussed with strong customer engagement and analytical skills.
This is a National role in the combined NHS Property Services (NHS PS) and Community Health Partnerships (CHP) Strategic Estates Planning team. It is a challenging and diverse role working across the healthcare system as part of an independent, in-house, property advisory function, working to identify / evaluate property options, and deliver the best, cost effective property solutions to support NHS service delivery.
NHS PS and CHP together are amongst the largest property owners in the UK, with a £5 billion asset portfolio, some 4,300 properties, over 3,000 employees and an annual income of over £950 million. the two organisations are limited companies but owned by the Department of Health and are part of the wider NHS family.
The Strategic Estate Planning function (which incorporates personnel from NHS Property Services (NHS PS) and Community Health Partnerships (CHP)), provides impartial advice across the wider NHS system, regardless of property ownership, advising commissioners and providers in relation to a broad range of optimisation, rationalisation, acquisition, disposal, and lease restructuring opportunities. It is anticipated that the whole of NHS PS and CHP, will be coming together to form one NHS-wide property company in 2018, following the recent Naylor review, and the Strategic Estate Planning teams are already working together as a single function.
This role will provide advisory services across the wider NHS Estate regardless of property ownership.
Our aim is to deliver outstanding quality property advice across the estate in partnership with NHS organisations, generating cost efficiencies that will benefit tenants, patients and the wider health economy.
Main purpose / scope of the role:
- Understand and apply healthcare policies including, Five Year Forward View, to ensure the best / maximum use of existing NHS properties, disposal of surplus estate, rationalisation of underutilised premises and well considered investment in new property
- To build strong, positive relationships with NHS England regional teams, Sustainability and Transformation Partnerships (STPs), Clinical Commissioning Groups(CCGs), NHS Trusts, General Practitioners (GPs), occupiers and other relevant bodies, alongside Senior Strategy Managers/Area Directors, in order to identify and progress property opportunities
- Support local partners in the development and updating of local strategic estates plans to ensure each local system understands and has a quantifiable plan to maximise use of the estate in their area, which can be aggregated to provide a geographic/national view
- Encourage, support and participate in Local Estate Forums and other similar bodies, to ensure efficient and effective system engagement and alignment to support and drive change
- Analyse, assess and where relevant, challenge, all proposed property opportunities, on the basis of sound financial, and qualitative, evidence based analysis, working in conjunction with the NHS England Project Appraisal Unit, NHS Improvement, and other approving bodies, to progress through the approval processes
- Following analysis and early approvals, take ownership and drive delivery of all types of identified and prioritised property requirements through to handover to implementation teams to oversee delivery of the projects
- With a focus on office consolidation projects, drive best practice, using market knowledge and commercial agency support to establish cost saving opportunities and efficiencies in occupation
- Take responsibility for a portfolio of strategic estate planning opportunities and deliver demonstrable progress against agreed process steps to specific timelines
- Utilise a consistent, staged process for evaluating projects to ensure stakeholder alignment throughout the process, seeking to identify at an early stage financial viability and deliverability of schemes, to prevent unnecessary work to the system
- Work with internal /external resources to ensure the application of sound financial analysis and standard process to evaluate all estates opportunities
- Identify, assess, appoint and manage, internal and external advisors, available to SEAs via all supply chains, to support the delivery of strategy work and ensure best value to the NHS
- Update and maintain a detailed record of on-going work, within a central tracker, to record progress and added value
- Develop and enhance property strategy knowledge, understanding of the healthcare portfolio and wider Government Property Estate on an on-going basis through ad hoc and structured learning opportunities
- Working on the office programme, identifying projects and using knowledge of the commercial property market and industry benchmarks to enable a more efficient use of the office estate, driving cost savings and a reduction in footprint
Apply for Strategic Estates Advisor (Office Programme)
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly