Client Side Retail Quantity Surveyor
About Our Client
New role for a leading multi-national British retailer with a diverse portfolio of stores. The sectors in which they operate include Fashion, Home-ware and Food. They have strong ethical values and are keen to promote the ability to grow and progress within their business.
The Cost Manager - Retail will be responsible for;
- Challenging the supply base on individual programmes or projects
- Interpret cost information to help colleagues understand reporting and allow for effective decision making on capital projects
- Support the budget development through internal feasibility and the established 5 stages of a project
- Oversee appointment and contractual arrangements for projects.
- Support the arbitration of the change process from a contractual and cost perspective.
- Challenge proposals to ensure the best value is achieved.
- Ensure project close out and final account settlement is achieved in a timely manner.
- Provide capital phasing forecast information in support of Systems and Process team submissions to finance.
- Support the continual cost reduction process associated with all aspects of capital schemes.
- Provide advice on capital, revenue and write off values associated with relevant project.
- Determine appropriate procurement routes.
Could this be you?
To be successful for the Cost Manager - Retail role you will have;
- QS experience
- Strong numeracy skills.
- Ability to create cost estimates from construction drawings.
- Negotiation skills.
- Experience in people/resource management in order to manage 3rd party contractors.
- Ability to translate technical information to non-technical stakeholders.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Experience in the construction or shop fit industry.
- Surveying qualification preferable.
If this role sounds like you , please apply on the link below or for more information or to have a discreet chat please feel free to contact Alex Fernandez on 0207 318 1783.