Senior Project Manager / Project Director
Lodha is building key internal competencies, monitored and controlled in house, akin to a UK housebuilder. In addition to internal design and procurement functions, Lodha is building a construction management team, responsible for the fit out packages (post shell and core) and for oversight of the shell and core packages undertaken by the Contractor. The construction management team is responsible for the overall delivery of projects with specific focus on safety, high quality, timely delivery and cost.
The Senior Project Manager roles will encompass contractor shortlisting, appointment, design buildability review, value engineering, logistics planning and management and overall site supervision and coordination. The SPMs will lead a team of Construction Management professionals on site and will coordinate with various functional teams at head office.
Requirements (not exhaustive):
Reporting into the Construction Director, you will have a broad knowledge of construction techniques with strong technical expertise across many types of construction and forms of contract. You will have good management skills and a strong commercial awareness. You will have experience of successfully completing large projects >£100m, high-rise experience, prime residential experience, and London experience.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Managing contract obligations;
- Procurement of trade contractors;
- Managing consultant's design and contractor's design in collaboration with the development manager;
- Planning, programming and supervising construction including project logistics;
- Project commercial and financial management;
- Quality management;
- Implementing health and safety and environmental best practice, including sustainability;
- Implementing business processes and general administration including reporting;
- Client management;
- Management of the project team.
- The incumbent should possess a minimum of 10 year's experience in construction and a minimum of 2 year's as project lead.
- Exemplary communication skills are key along with an ability to work within and promote a team environment. The incumbent should possess the following skills:
- Ability to build and manage a high performing team that continuously outperforms expectations and objectives;
- Ability to motivate and energise staff by building a climate of trust and understanding and actively seeking alternative views and opinions;
- Excellent organisational and project management skills;
- Ability to develop and monitor robust programmes on complex multi-disciplinary projects and to implement remedial action if required;
- Skills to read, understand and implement design through excellent technical understanding;
- High level of commercial understanding and excellent negotiation skills;
- Excellent presentation, organisation and communication skills at all levels, from operative to client in an appropriate, diplomatic manner;
- Focused mindset, using initiative and taking personal responsibility and accountability to ensure necessary action is taken to deliver excellence and quality;
- Consistently keeping Group needs in mind and constantly pursuing and ensuring greater added value;
- Seeing the bigger picture and ensuring all relevant people have a positive understanding of project goals and strategy;
- Being alert and responsive to the nee d for change by encouraging new thinking and initiatives;
- Searching a broad range of data to ensure a comprehensive understanding of the issues at hand and the risks involved.