6 days left
- Full Time
Provide professionally competent surveying services to assist with the efficient management of a portfolio of land and buildings comprising operational and non-operational property, ensuring all necessary actions are taken to maximise value, minimise operational costs / liabilities and promote efficient use of assets.
Does this describe your professional achievements?
- Qualified to degree level or equivalent with a relevant property (RICS) professional or equivalent qualification and membership of a professional body
- Evidence of continuing professional development
- Experience in a similar environment
- Experience of working with a range of occupied and unoccupied property
- Experience of managing a complex mix of property contracts driving value and quality of service
- Experience of working in a small professional team
SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Ability to prioritise a number of tasks with limited support
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, both oral and written
- Ability to understand a range of strategic priorities, and assist with working them into deliverable plans
- Ability to understand KCC’s policies and procedures and use where required
- Able to use own initiative, think laterally and take a problem-solving approach
- Good IT skills in MS Office packages
- Knowledge of working in a property environment with a complex portfolio
- Understanding of complex issues facing the public sector and property challenges raised
- Experience or practical knowledge of procurement
- Awareness of the main legislative framework in the property sector
Could you fulfil this role?
Deliver pro-active and professional property support and advice to the Company’s Client in respect of a portfolio of properties, contributing to the Client’s overall target.
Determine, plan and implement all necessary activity and operating policies to ensure that the portfolio of land and property is fully managed. Ensure all aspects relating to the Client’s ownership/tenure are proactively and professionally serviced.
Deliver a programme of complex acquisitions and disposals of property and land in accordance with Client strategies utilising a range of mechanisms, to ensure best value and maximum benefit at minimum cost.
Ensure externally procured property consultancy advice drives value for money and that commissions are completed on time, within budget and to a high quality.
Contribute where required to portfolio and service strategies as required by the Asset Strategy and Disposals Team.
Provide timely, accurate and up to data management and performance information, and data regarding assets in the portfolio and any property transactions. Ensure that these records are used correctly and accurately to underpin key decision making and to respond to enquiries regarding the Client’s assets.
Lead in key areas of the development of strategic planning and development advice into section 106 agreements/CIL ensuring plans for the Client’s portfolio are developed and actioned appropriately and are fully reflective of the organisation’s strategic direction.
Work with external agencies and partners in line with the Client’s property strategy to deliver property solutions across partner organisations.
This is us
Gen² are trusted public sector property experts. We’re transforming the management of public buildings and spaces for current and future generations through our inside knowledge of the sector.
And we’re growing. Having successfully secured a five year agreement with Kent County Council’s infrastructure division and securing new clients, Gen² is looking to expand its talented team of property professionals.
We manage 1,800 properties with a combined value of £1.87bn and have delivered £535 million of capital projects over the last three years. Our team of experts enable and facilitates the delivery of a diverse range of services for the public sector across London and the South East.
We are driving innovative new changes to support the need to deliver services differently. We are keen to work with an exceptional individual who has the energy, drive and ambition to help us do things differently.
Someone who shares our commitment to improving public services and who is able bring skill and commercial awareness to ensure we deliver value for money and maximise clients’ assets.
Our vision is to be the trusted property services advisor of choice to public sector clients in London and the South East. We understand our client’s needs and objectives and our work supports the delivery of social and financial value. We do this by delivering excellent standards of service, in a commercially aware but ethical manner.
Apply for Estates Surveyor
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly