Top tips for APC pre-assessment
Published: 21 Aug 2009
- Review and reread the presubmission documents regularly.
- Review and reread the definitions of the declared competencies and do not forget the Competency Pathway Guides
- Read and fully appreciate the RICS rules of conduct, and guidance note
- Review RICS Business and other relevant journals from the last six months
- Visit the venue beforehand to reduce stress on the day
- Practice the presentation 20 to 40 times, and get someone to ask questions relating to declared competencies and documented experience
- In the days leading up to the assessment, get plenty of sleep and eat properly. You will experience some nervousness and pressure. Often, a few nerves on the day are a good thing, but try to keep it in check
- I wish you all the best for the remainder of your training period and assessment.
See the final assessment interview explained: DVD and other online support available at DeLever.
Jon Lever is managing director of DeLever, APC chairman of assessors, RICS training adviser and RICS licensed assessor trainer. DeLever produces APC resources, training and software.
Read the full aricle and follow more of Property Week’s APC advice at APC advice - 3 July 2009 - Week 50: month 24 – final assessment.